Pixhawk is an advanced autopilot system designed by the PX4 open-hardware project and manufactured by 3D Robotics. It features advanced processor and sensor technology from ST Microelectronics® and a NuttX real-time operating system, delivering incredible performance, flexibility, and reliability for controlling any autonomous vehicle. This package includes uBlox GPS compass, External LED and USB modules.
The benefits of the Pixhawk system include integrated multithreading, a Unix/Linux-like programming environment, completely new autopilot functions such as Lua scripting of missions and flight behavior, and a custom PX4 driver layer ensuring tight timing across all processes. These advanced capabilities ensure that there are no limitations to your autonomous vehicle. Pixhawk allows existing APM and PX4 operators to seamlessly transition to this system and lowers the barriers to entry for new users to participate in the exciting world of autonomous vehicles.
The flagship Pixhawk module will be accompanied by new peripheral options, including a digital airspeed sensor, support for an external multi-color LED indicator and an external magnetometer. All peripherals are automatically detected and configured.
- Advanced 32 bit ARM Cortex® M4 Processor running NuttX RTOS
- 14 PWM/servo outputs (8 with failsafe and manual override, 6 auxiliary, high-power compatible)
- Abundant connectivity options for additional peripherals (UART, I2C, CAN)
- Integrated backup system for in-flight recovery and manual override with dedicated processor and stand-alone power supply
- Backup system integrates mixing, providing consistent autopilot and manual override mixing modes
- Redundant power supply inputs and automatic failover
- External safety button for easy motor activation
- Multicolor LED indicator
- High-power, multi-tone piezo audio indicator
- microSD card for long-time high-rate logging