The auxiliary advantage.
With the debut of the Phoenix Edge series of ESCs the next evolution in speed controller technology has arrived. The Edge series introduces a user programmable auxiliary wire capable of functions modelers have only dreamed of, until now. The white auxiliary wire can be used for helicopter governor gain input adjustments mid-flight, serve as an audible beacon after an “unexpected landing”, act as an RPM output for 3-axis gyros that support RPM sensors, be used as an ESC arming lock (coupon for free Arming Lockout Key included) or as a receiver arming lock. Combined with the data logging capability the Edge series of controllers offer, users can enjoy unparalleled versatility.
The Phoenix Edge series is intended for use in helicopters ranging from 450 to 800 size, and fixed wing aircraft up to 1.20 size and larger. As always, the Edge series of controllers offer industry-leading software functions, data logging, and USB programming capability via Castle Link USB adapter (optional).
- Input voltage: MIN: 3S LiPo MAX: 12S LiPo
- Max continuous amperage at full throttle: 40 amps
- Width: 1.7" (43.4mm)
- Length: 1.8" (46.3mm)
- Height: 0.8" 21.4mm)
- Weight w/wires: 2.4 oz (67.2g)
- Weight w/o wires: 1.1 oz (30.6g)
- Programmability: Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter (optional) and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows software. Castle Field Link Programming Card (sold separately) compatible for select functions.
- Connectors: Battery and motor connectors sold separately.
- Tools needed for installation: Soldering iron and solder to attach bullets to motor wires and battery connector to power wires.